Wednesday 28 March 2012

CineMAGIC.

At a recent and rare visit to the cinema (sadly I am one of those that somehow manages to fall asleep through most films...useless I know)  to see the eagerly awaited The Woman In Black, the previous few weeks of uni work and focus on the fashion years zeitgeist all fell in to place. 


I am swiftly learning that fashion inspiration can be drawn from anywhere and I really do mean ANYWHERE; whether it be food, science, nature or any other unusual sources, colour ways, textures and shapes - perfect for a brand new collection can come from the most unlikely of places, films being perhaps one of the more obvious influences.


Snow White and The Huntsman, 2012
Whilst sitting munching on my popcorn and choccie, watching the new film release adverts, I found myself critically analysing the costumes and their effects on the current trending, within both the high street and on the catwalk this season. The comparisons were endless and one film in particular that stood out to me for its fashion references was Snow White and The Huntsman, its dramatic and perhaps theatrical costumes were eye catching and magical.

Snow White and The Huntsman, 2012
Flicking through current contemporary magazines I can already see a "princess" theme occurring, with overly feminine garments covered in glitter and sparkle. I am adamant that by the time the film is released at the cinema, our wardrobes will have been transformed in to a fairytale land, bulging out with whimsical clothing fit for any fairy godmother, and indeed Snow White herself (get your wands at the ready).


Anya Hindmarch, Glitter Apple Bag, £895

Rodarte, Spring/Summer 2012
The Woman In Black also provided some AMAZING costumes, with the Victorian era being one of my favourites. Despite it not having the potential to become one of this seasons leading trends, subtle influences can be (and have been) drawn in to our day to day fashion choices...has anyone noticed the come back of blouses and ruffles?


Fashion really is everywhere.


Amy x



No comments:

Post a Comment