Wednesday 8 August 2012

Money Making Schemes.

I am sure that you are all sick of me mentioning the fact that I have no money...almost as sick as I am, being poor. BUT today I went and did something about it, in the form of a good old fashioned Car Boot sale.

Yesterday afternoon was spent sorting through a lot of my history, old clothes, shoes, accessories and toys... I even managed to revive one or two pieces that I had forgotten about. The past has reared its ugly head a lot recently in many different ways and the only way to move on - is to LET GO; and what better way to let go, than to sell on my clothes to a new home.

Car Boot Sale in Hempsted (Gloucester), Tea and Cake Break
Mum and I filled the boot up, at what felt like the crack of dawn (really it was 8 in the morning) and set off to the local bartering ground; with a mission to come away with at least a tenner...optimistic, I know. As soon as we got there, the seasoned professionals were looting around the car to try and find themselves a bargain and mum had to beat away a few pervy old men (who I think thought that I was up for auction) with a stick; but after the initial 20 minute set up - we were well away!

Just a few things from the "Girlie Stall"
Mum was getting very in to the visual merchandising of our stall...I am starting to think that maybe she should be the one studying fashion! Within a few hours, we had managed to sell a large percentage of the goods and went away very satisfied, with a profit of over £50. Just enough to treat myself.

If like me and you are willing to do just about anything for money, Car Boots are an excellent starting point, get online to find a local market (trust me - they are EVERYWHERE) and get money making!

As for me, I am going to put my feet up with a stiff drink...next stop EBAY.

Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment