Thursday 5 July 2012

The Future's Bright

The past few weeks have flown by. If I haven't been at the gym, I have had my head in a pile of cardboard boxes; frantically packing my life away, in preparation for the final move in to my new, previously mentioned "DREAMHOUSE". Numerous Ikea bags, multiple large boxes and one van later... as of last Sunday, the move was complete and the keys handed over.


Moving house always unsettles me a little, being a creature of habit I grow attached easily to my surroundings and home comforts, finding it hard to let things go (perhaps this explains my ability to hoard plastic bags). This year, what with it being my last year at Uni; I am looking to the new house as a symbol for a fresh start...this means going in to EVERYTHING with a positive outlook (someone remind me of this when I am stressing about Uni work) and throwing myself at every opportunity that comes along. Hopefully this will mean plenty of excuses to blog about new and exciting things...if all goes to plan, starting with an internship at the end of the Summer.


In the fashion world, it's not just me that is looking for light amongst all of this dark, gloomy weather. 


(This link is somewhat genius/seamless)


Alexander McQueen, Autumn/Winter 2012
All time favourite Alexander McQueen, have created an Autumn/Winter collection that literally explodes in front of our very eyes. The message in all of the madness being that Miss Burton wanted to celebrate "a beautiful future" within our society, contrasting the constant reminder of the stark reality of the current climate. There are some INCREDIBLE pieces that capture a weightless, futuristic feel (McQueen can do no wrong), acting as a small glimmer of glamorous hope, that this fashion season is going to be a good'un.


Alexander McQueen, Autumn/Winter 2012
Alexander McQueen, Autumn/Winter 2012


With Sarah Burton's words ringing in my ear, I am ready for anything that lies ahead...starting with unpacking.


Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment